Union Minister Dr. Harsh Vardhan has opened a vaccine site for COVID-19. The aim of the portal is to create awareness among the people. The Union Ministry of Health, the Indian Council of Medical Research, and the All India Institute of Medical Sciences have established a national Clinical Register for Covid-19.
Highlights of ICMR vaccine portal
- The web portal will provide data on research development, clinical trials of the effective Covid-19 vaccine in India.
- The Ministry of Health has published the 100-year history of the Indian Medical Research Council (ICMR).
- The official website will be enhanced with available data for all vaccines used to prevent various diseases.
- A report entitled “What India Eats” was also released. The report gave details on diet trends in India. This is crucial for policymakers to understand the distribution of diet among the various population.
- The Minister has also initiated a data collection initiative called “Mapping diet and health status.”The program shall collect data on dietary intake through the mob sourcing approach.
- The ICMR-NIN portal has been launched. It is the first of its kind to be introduced to collect data on COVID-19. Previously, related sites were used to include e-learning courses. The modules concentrate on nutritional fortification, anemia, yoga, etc.
About the ICMR vaccine Portal
The portal will be available on the ICMR website. The portal is to be used to give proper information about the use of COVID-19 vaccines. The Indian Medical Research Council (ICMR), New Delhi, the nation’s largest body for the formulation, coordination, and promotion of biomedical research, is one of the oldest medical research institutions in the world. Three vaccines are conducting a clinical trial in India. They are as follows
- COVAXIN developed by Bharat Biotech International Limited, which is in the second phase of the human trial.
- COVISHIELD developed by Oxford University and developed by the Serum Institute of India is a phase III clinical trial.
- The vaccine developed by Zydus Cadila is currently awaiting for the third phase of clinical trials.
- The ICMR has always attempted to meet the increasing demands of technological advances in biomedical science, on the one hand, and the need to find actual solutions to the country’s health challenges, on the other.
- The ICMR Council is informed that there are still miles to go in pursuit of technological achievements as well as health targets.
What is the COVAX initiative to improve the COVID-19 vaccine?
172 countries are currently involved in negotiations to eventually invest in COVAX, a multinational effort aimed at working with vaccine makers to provide people with fair access to secure and reliable vaccines globally after they have been licensed and accepted.
Who has launched an online portal about COVID 19 in India?
Dr. Harsh Vardhan launched an online portal about COVID 19 in India. He is the Indian Minister of Science and Technology, Minister of Health and Family Welfare, and Minister of Earth Sciences in the BJP-led NDA Government of Prime Minister Narendra Modi.